Need to create a Google Maps key but aren't sure how? Just follow these steps and you'll be set up in no time!
- 1. Head to https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/
- 2. Click 'Get Started'
- 3. Click 'Create billing account'
- 4. Follow the steps to fill in your details and set up billing
- 5. Click 'Start my free trial'
- 6. Click the hamburger menu in the top left and then navigate through to APIs & Services > Credentials
- 7. Choose your project in the dropdown to the right of the 'Google Cloud Platform' logo (or create a new one if you don't already have one)
- 8. Click 'Create Credentials'
- 9. Click 'API Key'
- 10. Copy the key and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11. Click 'Restrict Key'
- 12. Under 'Key Restrictions' click 'HTTP referrers (web sites)'
- 13. Under 'Website restrictions' click 'Add an item' and enter the following URLs:
- 14. Save
- 15. In the top-left hamburger menu, navigate to APIs & Services > Library
- 17. Search for 'Maps Embed API', click into it, then click 'Enable'
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to us on (07) 5668 2543 or email@example.com